This course will introduce students to the systematic and scientific study of behaviour and mental processes of human beings and animals. In post secondary institutions, this course is considered a survey course, which means that it will expose you to the Psychological facts, principals, and phenomenon associated with each of the sub fields in psychology. This means you will get a taste of all the different branches of Psychology. Students will also gain a better understanding of themselves and the world around them. Students should be fully aware of the heavy content of this course and the academic challenge. The content of this course supports a broad range of study/career paths including psychology, philosophy, business, law, education, cognitive sciences, and health studies.
To be considered for any AP courses, you must complete an application form and submit it to
Ms. Campbell in 333 by February 19th. Application forms can be found here.
Top 5 reasons to take AP Psychology.
1. Taking AP Psychology is a great opportunity for students to successfully take a course at a post secondary level that is highly relatable to their own lives. The textbook is very user friendly and full of real life examples. 80% of Moscrop Students score a 4 or 5 on the exam which gives them credit for first year psychology (two courses).
2. Students will learn and use new study skills/strategies that will help them be successful in AP Psychology, other high school courses, and their post secondary courses.
3. The classes are often fun. There will be activities almost every day which will help you experience psychology instead of just reading about it.
4. Students will become more knowledgable and empathetic of people with psychological disorders. 1 in 4 people will experience psychological challenges at least once in their lives and this course will help you and people around you be more accepting.
5. Probably the most important reason to take AP Psychology is that you will have a whole new filter to experience the world around you. AP Psychology students will see psychological principles in social media, themselves, their friends and family, in books, videos, movies, etc. Remember that this course is about human behaviour and mental process, therefore, you will start to see psychology in your everyday life.
What do other students think?